Hay Kings is calling on the USDA FAS to issue a report discussing factors affecting demand for U.S. hay in the largest export destinations: China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Saudi Arabia and the UAE. Additionally, the USDA AMS should recognize that exchange rates are always important to agricultural exports, market structures are complex and the hay industry is based on long-standing interpersonal relationships.
- The Mississippi river is at it's 8th lowest level on record.
- 550 miles of the lower Mississippi is under a low water advisory.
- Barge companies declare force majeure
- What's going on with Shipping - Lower Mississippi River Closes
The phase one deal between the US and China sets the stage for timothy export protocols. The Chinese have 30 days after the deal is finalized to establish the new protocol for timothy. There is still uncertainty around how strong demand will be, but the ability to ship to China is favorable for northwest timothy growers.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh