Hay Kings is calling on the USDA FAS to issue a report discussing factors affecting demand for U.S. hay in the largest export destinations: China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Saudi Arabia and the UAE. Additionally, the USDA AMS should recognize that exchange rates are always important to agricultural exports, market structures are complex and the hay industry is based on long-standing interpersonal relationships.
- The Mississippi river is at it's 8th lowest level on record.
- 550 miles of the lower Mississippi is under a low water advisory.
- Barge companies declare force majeure
- What's going on with Shipping - Lower Mississippi River Closes
- Exchange rates continue to dampen demand for agricultural exports. The yen is the weakest it has been, relative to the dollar, since 1998.