News — Drought
Hay Kings Weekly Newsletter - Mississippi River Shipping - Hay and Drought
Hay Kings Podcast
Checkout the latest Hay Kings Podcast episodes:
Low Water Mark
- The Mississippi river is at it's 8th lowest level on record.
- 550 miles of the lower Mississippi is under a low water advisory.
- Barge companies declare force majeure
- What's going on with Shipping - Lower Mississippi River Closes
Hay Kings Weekly Update - Falling Container Rates
- Exchange rates continue to dampen demand for agricultural exports. The yen is the weakest it has been, relative to the dollar, since 1998.
Crop Progress Report - PNW
IDAHO: Idaho had a milder winter in the north but cold conditions continued in the eastern region. Benewah and Kootenai Counties reported warming weather—temperatures in the high 40s in the day, freezing temperatures at night. Weather was favorable for calving across the Panhandle. There was above-average snowpack at higher elevations. Fall seeded crops were in good condition in Lewis County. Grass and winter wheat were greening up in Boundary County. Soil was still frozen, so no fieldwork was possible. Most fields in Latah and Nez Perce Counties were...
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh